This is an old revision of the document!
When I was first 'handed the keys' to Sparkfun's first Pick & Place, I thought it a short matter of time before I somehow destroyed the $70k piece
of equipment and lost a very cool job. Luckily, I managed, with considerable help from Manncorp's support staff, to get the machine cranking out widgets with speed and precision.
There were false starts. The first time I tried to build a board, parts were spit, slammed and bounced all over the place. It was soon impressed upon me
the importance of learning accurate heights all pick and place locations. Initially, we also achieved improved placement by slowing the movement of the head. However, we've since been able to refine other crucial settings, to be better tailored to each build, allowing us to place at max speed for more than 75% of parts placed.